- homemade sweet potato fries (optional)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil or butter
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- salt, to taste
- 1 pound ground bison (or other ground meat such as beef, turkey or chicken)
- 1 eggs
- 1 small green apple, finely chopped
- ½ cup chopped arugula + extra for garnishing burgers
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon coarse sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- extra coconut oil or butter, to coat pan
- Against the Grain gluten & grain free rolls or my breakfast biscuits
- Make sweet potato fries and biscuits, if preparing with your meal.
- In a medium saute pan, add coconut oil along with onion and a bit of salt. Coat in oil and let cook for 15-25 minutes, stirring occasionally until onions are soft and brown.
- When onions are almost done cooking, place beef, egg, apple, arugula, garlic cloves, salt and pepper, and garlic powder in a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Form 4-5 patties, pressing a thumb into the middle to keep the burgers from puffing up.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add a bit of coconut oil or butter to grease the pan. Then add patties, making sure not to crowd the pan. Cook on both sides for 5-6 minutes or until patties are cooked to preference.
- Make patties with half of a biscuit, arugula, burger patty and onions.